We all get sidetracked from our health and fitness goals from time to time, because life just happens. As a fitness professional, I have been there and completely understand. But instead of beating myself up over it, I have chosen to get back on track.
Here are a few tips that has helped me to refocus:
- Figuring out what caused me to drift away from my wellness plan. Was it vacation, injury, sickness or lack of planning.
- Planning my workouts for the week.
- Just start. It does not have to be a super hard work out, it can be as simple as going for a walk outside.
- Implementing good habits daily, and this often starts with a healthy and fulfilling morning routine. Having a morning ritual sets you up for the day.
- Reading and researching topics on health and fitness.
- Forget perfection.
- Having positive thoughts and remembering this is self-care.
- Never give up.
What has helped you to bounce back and get back on track? Share in the comments below.