Here is the scenario, you just started working out and eating right and enjoying your new fitness lifestyle or you have been working out and focused on healthy living for years and then BAM, you get injured either at the gym or you can just as easily get hurt running errands. Total bummer I know. So what do you do? Immediately, you turn to Dr. Google and start plugging in and describing your injury. Who knows the answers you will get.
I have been injured so I completely understand. I am sharing a few steps that I have taken that has helped me deal with and recover from an injury.
- I use KT Tape to stabilize and support the injured area.
- I get regular Acupuncture treatments.
- Depending on the severity of my injury, I will make an appointment to see a doctor or a movement specialist.
- I find other ways to stay active, maybe I can’t run but I can walk, swim, do Pilates or lift weights etc. I find ways to work around my injury.
- I adjust my food intake.
- Some rest is necessary, but not too much.
- I include more anti-inflammatory foods and supplements in my diet.
However, when in doubt always make an appointment to see a medical professional.
The silver lining with injuries is, you will come back stronger.
What are some steps you have taken to recover from injuries?