We all get sidetracked from our health and fitness goals from time to time, because life just happens. As a fitness professional, I have been there and completely understand. But instead of beating myself up over it, I have chosen to get back on track.
Here are a few tips that has helped me to refocus:
Figuring out what caused me to drift away from my wellness plan. Was it vacation, injury, sickness or lack of planning.
Planning my workouts for the week.
Just start. It does not have to be a super hard work out, it can be as simple as going for a walk outside.
Implementing good habits daily, and this often starts with a healthy and fulfilling morning routine. Having a morning ritual sets you up for the day.
Reading and researching topics on health and fitness.
Having positive thoughts and remembering this is self-care.
Never give up.
What has helped you to bounce back and get back on track? Share in the comments below.
We have all had those days when we are either too tired to workout or lack motivation or just feel blah. Yes I have those days too but here are a few tips I use when I lack that motivation and just need a little “oomph”.
1. Get some Vitamin D, that is taking a walk outside whether its in your neighborhood or at the park. Inevitably the walk turns into a run and hello endorphins.
2. Turn up the music. Whatever will get you moving and dancing, for me its Reggae!
3. Commit to a 10 minute workout and I guarantee you will feel so good after 10 minutes you may want to do more, but if not no worries.
4. Foam roll and stretch your body. I know for me personally after doing this I feel so much better that I always end up doing some form of exercise after.
5. Take your pooch for a walk.
6. Go to the mall, whether an indoor mall or an outdoor one, this way you are still active .
Do you have any tips you would like to share when you feel like skipping your workout? Please do so in the comments.